Sunday, April 22, 2012

Garage Sales, How I do them.

Since moving back to Shepparton almost 2 years ago my mum and I have gone to garage sales almost every Saturday.

This is how I plan them out so we can go to as many of them as possible!
On a Friday I get the local paper, it has all the garage sale listings in it. I then cross out the ones on Sunday (only 2 or 3 out of 20 are on a Sunday) and the ones too far out of Shepp. Then I use Google Maps!
I input each address listed in the paper. I end up with 15 to 20 destinations at a time.
I then arrange them into an order so we don’t go back and forth.
I end up with a map like this:




Over the months I have found some wonderful things, and from now on will blog about them in more detail!

Here is a small collection of a few finds!


The Caroma stools cost  $2 each, the "my Collections" display case was $5, Jar of Buttons $1, tablecloths 10c each!(will blog about them some more soon) Basket $1, Pink fluffy stool $2.50, Books 10c, Beige stool $2.50, 1 of the many suitcases $2, Single bed sheet set $5.

Singer 151 Dressform, $30. (100cm to 116cm bust)

Belt Buckels $1!

 Retro scales $2


4 Bar stools $15.


This is only a small sample of some of the wonderful items I've found at the weekly garage sales!
More to come.
Happy Sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment