Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Something floral, Something blue.

As i wrote earlier I'm doing The Sew Weekly challenge: Something floral, Something blue.
So here's my dress.

Made on Australia Day dress.

Fabric: Printed cotton 1.4m  $4.90
Pattern: Simplicity 3673 (View B) On sale  $8.50
Year: c. 1950's Re print.
Notions: Op Shop zipper  $0.40
Time to complete: 8 hours
First worn: January 2011
Wear again? Yes please.
Total Cost:  $13.80

The pattern once again.

The whole dress.

Close up of the bodice.
The bodice is fully lined as the pattern called for. The skirt did not call for lining, as is rather see through, as i used a very light weight cotton(the pattern called for Corduroy's, Denim's and Linen's) so i will need to either buy a slip or add lining.  

 Close up of the belt loops.
I need to get a nice white belt. An op shop tip might be needed.
 The back of the dress.

Me in the dress.

Now that my sewing room is almost set up i can't wait for the next challenge!

1 comment:

  1. This dress is great, I love the arrangement of the pattern and would be beautiful with a little white belt as you think, well, now there are only 25 dresses for your resolution this year.