Thursday, September 1, 2011

The Sew Weekly Theme: That's 70's Sew

So dress number 2!

Last weeks theme over at The Sew Weekly was something from the 1970’s. As I by mostly second hand patterns a lot of them are from the 70’s

This is the pattern I chose. From Savers, $.99


1970s Junior and Misses' Dress.
I choose this pattern mostly because it was in my size…not the best way to go about it!
The fabric is a printed cotton lawn, cost $4.95 a meter and green bias tape, cost $.20c!

For some reason it looks more like a dress from the 50’s/60’s, but maybe its just the fabric?
Not sure if I’ll get much wear out of it. I just don’t think the neck line suits me.




Fabric: Printed cotton 1.5  $7.43
Pattern: Butterick (View a) Savers  $.99c
Year: c.1970's
Notions: Op Shop zipper  $0.40c
Bias Tape: $0.20c
Time to complete: 11 hours
First worn: August 2011
Wear again? Maybe.
Total Cost:  $9.02

Till next time, happy sewing.

No comments:

Post a Comment