Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Sew Weekly Theme: Mad for Plaid!

So once again I’ve gone back through the Sew Weekly Challenges I missed (there is a heap I missed) and pick one! 
So this week its: Mad for Plaid!!

I actually finished my dress for this challenge on time….I just didn’t post it!
 When I saw this challenge I knew the exact fabric I wanted to use! I had about 1.3 meters of 45’’ purple fabric that I got a garage sale a few months ago. I wanted to use Simplicity 6023. for this week but pattern pieces were missing!!! I asked for help over here took the advice! I also looked it up to find a year and came across this picture via google, This lead me to Tanit-Isis, surprise, surprise a fellow Sew Weekly member!
So Tanit-Isis, you inspired me so much here is my version of Simplicity 6023. 

 
I had to cut 4’’ off the skirt pattern as I didn’t have a whole lot of fabric! Lucky I’m only 5 foot short! I just love the dress! The puffy sleeves are just too cute!


Fabric: Printed cotton $2.00
Pattern: Simplicity 6023 $0.30
Year: 1970's
Zip: opp shop zipper $0.40
Buttons: self covered, 3 from a kit $0.90
Time to complete: 8 hours.
Pattern Difficulty: 7/10 (missing pieces)
First worn: August 2011.
Wear again? Yes, now its summer!
Total Cost:  $3.60

Happy Sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment